Prev: Generic Gaming Next: Re: SG2 vs DS2 vs FT

Re: Generic Gaming

From: "Laserlight" <laserlight@q...>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 15:56:31 -0500
Subject: Re: Generic Gaming

>Brian,
>
>I agree wholeheartedly that having your own storyline is fun.
It just isn't
>so good for interacting with folks at a long distance
(email/cons/etc) where
>the more conventional 'canon' stuff is more well known. It can
work, but the
>'canon' stuff is easier.

And...you can fit your own stuff into the Canon universe without
great difficulty.  The Official FT ships are NAC NSL ESU
FSE--those four, no more.  Islamic Fed existed as a nationality,
but no ship designs existed until I did them, no military
organization existed until John Atkinson did them, no detailed
history and naval organization existed until...uh, I'll get to
that Real Soon Now....	The Alarishi culture is in no way part
of the Official GZG History (unless Jon wants to add it), but it
fits in without any difficulty.  Similarly, someone has done
Dutch units,  and UN ships, and Antarctic, and Martian, and
....not to mention obsolete models of the Official Navies.

So there's an agreed-upon framework, and plenty of room to be
creative within that framework.

Prev: Generic Gaming Next: Re: SG2 vs DS2 vs FT