Prev: Re: OUDF Rules Next: Re: What is AoG thinking?

RE: What is AoG thinking?

From: "Dean Gundberg" <dean.gundberg@n...>
Date: Fri, 24 Mar 2000 10:46:53 -0600
Subject: RE: What is AoG thinking?

Tom McCarthy wrote:
> *	I bought some of their fleet-scale Starfuries last week. The
<snip>
> I've heard rumours to the effect that a squad is six figures and the
base
> has about 12 or more locations to mount them (a big circle with a
cross
> through it, holes for the figures on the circle and the cross).
Depending
> on how you arrange the fighters, they perform differently in B5Wars
Fleet
> Action.  Quite frankly, that kind of detail (what formation your
fighters
> are in) is not something I want to worry about if I'm running a fleet.

In fleet action, fighters can be given different missions, screen,
intercept, attack, etc.  The original intention what that each of these
missions would have its own formation on their round base so everyone
could
tell what mission a fighter group was assigned just by looking at how
the
little fighters were arranged.	Last I heard the formation rule was left
out
of Fleet Action so could can put them in the base however you want.

Dean Gundberg

Starship Combat News
The latest information on Space Games and Miniatures
http://star_ranger.homestead.com/
star_ranger@my-deja.com

Prev: Re: OUDF Rules Next: Re: What is AoG thinking?