Prev: Re: RE: [ds2] Dirtside powered armor Next: Re: (FT) centimeter scale

Re: (FT) centimeter scale

From: GBailey@a...
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 09:23:51 EST
Subject: Re: (FT) centimeter scale

> You don't need to modify the existing rules to make manuever all
important.
>  Go to centimeters instead of inches.  You are trying to deal with the
>  fact that you are playing in an unrealisticly small playing area.  If
>  your slowest speed isn't 20 you are probably artificially constrained
>  (or flying pigs).

We talked about using centimeters in our games.  But some our miniatures

are 6 centimeters long, or even those not so big will get tangled up
trying
to stay within 6 for ADFC effects.  Since most of my mini's have
"warp nacelles" that fall off if you sneeze I'm reluctant to cause
miniatures
to be closer together.

Also, errors in movement will be exaggerated.  One example, two of us
are
in a tight formation fleet for ADFC but when he moves his mini's and I
move
mine, all going in the same direction and in a straight line, can end up

further
apart.	I noticed that his ruler laid out to move his mini's was not
perpendicular
to my ruler (of course, mine was correct <g>).

Glen

Prev: Re: RE: [ds2] Dirtside powered armor Next: Re: (FT) centimeter scale