Prev: Re: [OT] OGRE Next: Re: [OT] OGRE

Dice For Beth

From: "Thomas.Barclay" <Thomas.Barclay@s...>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 18:50:40 -0500
Subject: Dice For Beth

Beth,

I assume you (like the rest of us) have seen the standard small D6. Not
the
micro miniature ones, just the ones about 0.6 or 0.7 cm across or
thereabouts. You can (amazingly) get the same coloured dice
(identically) in
sets of two featuring the numbers 3 and 4 (or 6 I believe).

These could be used with legerdemain or diversionary attacks ("Bring the
pop
from the fridge... I'll roll when you're return <switches> .... Oh, look
six!"). You'd think this would stick out, but as long as you don't use
them
for every roll, it'll often go un-noticed. At least, when a Federation
Command Cruiser with a spread of overloaded Photon Torpedos run by an
old
friend Scott "blindsided" me with the 3's and 4's (needed 1-4 to hit)
and
ripped my D7C several new orifices, I didn't have any idea. 6's are
obvious
in large numbers. 3's and 4's don't stick out. Mix them with normal dice
just skew up the average and for more stealth.

Now, I'm kind of attached to my abysmal rolls, otherwise I'd consider
this.
Anyone who has seen me roll realizes I *should* follow such a plan but
don't. This is no cheesier than the gamer who has "favorite dice" but is
unwilling to submit them to a chi-squared test to validate their
fairness.
And who won't let anyone else roll "his dice" for fear of using up the
luck
or contaminating them with a Kochte-like residue. They just like to
label
their brand of cheese differently.

I like PBeMs, especially when Jon D has the keys to the dice.

;)
Tongue-in-Cheek Tom
President
1's-R-Our-Destiny Club