Prev: Re: B5 style drives Next: Re: Combat films

RE: [DS2] While we're on the subject of firing arcs....

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 08:23:54 PST
Subject: RE: [DS2] While we're on the subject of firing arcs....

Yeah, I pretty much understand why it was done in game terms.  I was
just
wondering if the restriction on action order actually jived with
reality.
Any input? I know the Swedes had the S-Tank, and the Germans and Soviets

have traditionally used Assault Gun designs a lot more than other
nations.
What were their experiences with them?

In game terms, I also prefer your idea of allowing them to move THEN
fire
ONLY if they only half-move. In addition, however, I would also penalize

them one die code of accuracy (it HAS to be harder to slew a whole tank
around to track a moving target than it is to just rotate the
turret...).

Brian B