Prev: Re: [FT] KV, Vector and Tweaks Next: Re: [FT] KV, Vector and Tweaks

[SG] Withdrawl from close combat

From: Beth Fulton <beth.fulton@m...>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 09:59:21 +1000
Subject: [SG] Withdrawl from close combat

G'day guys,

After the succinct and eloquent discourse of the praise that should be
laid
at Verhoven's feet for his rendition of Heinlein's timeless epic of the
struggle of humanity against an over whelming threat... we decide to
play
out that really cool scene where the bugs take out the fort and the guys
have to get airlifted out... ;)

Anyways, we're were using the overrun and pursue close combat rules. Now
given the fact I was trying to survive long enough to get airlifted out,
any chance I got (i.e. when there was a sensible escape route, so not
when
I was backed against a wall etc) I would voluntarily withdraw from
combat.
Bugs would pursue, I'd withdraw, bugs would pursue again, I'd withdraw
etc
etc. Now were we doing this right or is there actually some limit to the
number of times you can voluntarily withdraw? Nik felt he was pushing it
up
hill if I could just run away all night until his combat move fell short
of
the 6" needed to catch me, so maybe you can only volunatrily withdraw
once
in a linked series of close combats (so under the case in point if I'd
failed confidence tests I could have kept running away, but would only
get
to run away voluntarily once)??? Other point that came up is whether or
not
being in close combat uses up the defender's activation for that turn
too
(I had a avgue feeling that I';d read that it had, and it made sense so
that's what we went with)?

Thanks

Beth

----
----
Elizabeth Fulton
c/o CSIRO Division of Marine Research
GPO Box 1538
HOBART
TASMANIA 7001
AUSTRALIA
Phone (03) 6232 5018 International +61 3 6232 5018
Fax 03 6232 5053 International +61 3 6232 5053

email: beth.fulton@marine.csiro.au

Prev: Re: [FT] KV, Vector and Tweaks Next: Re: [FT] KV, Vector and Tweaks