Prev: Re: Stats and other strangeness Next: Re: Combat films

Re: A film I forgot

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2000 06:05:40 -0500
Subject: Re: A film I forgot

Thomas Barclay of the Clan Barclay wrote:

> The Sharpe series with Sean Bean is one of the better bits of
historical
> drama/fiction, and Hornblower wasn't bad either (probably reasonably
> true to the books in both cases).

I have yet to see the last three including Sharpe's Waterloo. Did they
lay
out some cash for extras on that one?

> An interesting study in Napoleonic times (no expert, so it could be
> bunk) was a film called "The Duellists".

Great.

> front WW2 stuff), and a recent book called the Hot Gates about
Leonidas
> and his Spartans (and allies) at Thermopylae which is probably my
> favorite historical novel so far.

Outstanding book. In fact I'm going tnrough a bit of a crisis since I
can't
seem to find my ultra rare copy of  "The 300 Spartans" movie!

Prev: Re: Stats and other strangeness Next: Re: Combat films