Prev: Re: Mission To Mars (not really...) Next: Re: Combat films

Re: Combat films

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 19:48:56 -0500
Subject: Re: Combat films

If you are looking to chose between Cross of Iron and Stalingrad,
definately
grab Cross of Iron (though Stalingrad isn't that bad). It's basically a
german
recon platoon lead by a hard bitten veteran sergeant who is having major
"issues" with their new aristocratic-Cross-of-Iron-seeking company
commander
while everyone is trying to survive a general withdrawl in the Army
Group South
AO. Excellent action, great story, Sam Peckinpau-violence (some brief
nudity).
In every unit I've ever been in, memorizing the script by heart has been
pretty
much SOP.

Los

Ted Arlauskas wrote:

> >Now, most films don't rate even close to that good. A couple of other
good
> >"combat" films were Cross of Iron (you want to see close combat?
watch the
> >scenes where Russians are overrunning German positions) and
Stalingrad
> >(foreign film) gets an honourable mention for its room to room
fighting and
> >the depiction of German morale (I've talked with a family friend who
was a
> >survivor - 3 men out of his Battalion survived as far as he knew).
All's