Prev: Mission To Mars (not really...) Next: Re: Combat films

Re: Mission To Mars (not really...)

From: Popeyesays@a...
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 19:46:51 EST
Subject: Re: Mission To Mars (not really...)

In a message dated 3/16/00 6:43:57 PM Central Standard Time,
Thomas.Barclay@sofkin.ca writes:

<< There is a difference. In one case, there is (I think) little
pretense of
 setting a true scene. We accept from the outset that a board with some
toys
 is not trying to convey verisimilitude and we don't necessarily suspend
 disbelief, we just play a game. Or we realize all the work will go on
in our
 imagination, as far as making it visual and real. Whereas with a movie,
the
 nature of the visual media conveys the message that the Director and
his
 cast will attempt to take us to this place (wherever), and make it seem
 real >>

No - it never makes that claim - except in cinema verite or documentary.

Prev: Mission To Mars (not really...) Next: Re: Combat films