Prev: Re: PDS vs. IAVR/LAW/SMAW/etc. Next: Re: PDS vs. IAVR/LAW/SMAW/etc.

Re: KV, Humans, and Political Divisions

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Sun, 12 Mar 2000 22:08:29 PST
Subject: Re: KV, Humans, and Political Divisions

I'm not sure if this means I'm rude or not, but when I talk to people
who
have markedly foreign accents, I often ask them about them - I find
accents
fascinating, and love to meet people from other places and talk to them
about their countries.	Just last weekend I found myself in a Comic
store in
L.A. discussing James Bond with a group of teenagers from Hungary.
This, of
course, all causes my beloved wife no end of embarassment.  (I still
love
her, she has the cutest Minnesota accent.  That seems to be appropriate
the convo too somehow.)

Brian B

----Original Message Follows----
From: "Andrew Martin" <Al.Bri@xtra.co.nz>

One my more embarrassing moments was thinking my friend's accent was
Canadian, when in fact, he was Ukrainian.

Andrew Martin
ICQ: 26227169
http://members.xoom.com/AndrewMartin/
-><-

Prev: Re: PDS vs. IAVR/LAW/SMAW/etc. Next: Re: PDS vs. IAVR/LAW/SMAW/etc.