Prev: Re: Falkenberg/DSII Next: Re: KV, Humans, and Political Divisions

Re: On-going KV debate

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 09:07:15 PST
Subject: Re: On-going KV debate

To a certain extent, yes, and all very good points.  However, I want it
understood that I was not necessarily referring to the KV specifically,
only
using them as an example.  And the fact remains, despite the clans, they

still are, in the end, fairly unified when it comes to how they deal
with
other races and with space exploration.  As for the trend towards
political
unification on Earth, I'll believe it when I see it.

The point was, WE achieved space flight without unification, why can't
other
races? I'd love to see a story line where, when humans meet this other
culture, after a few years of tension and even conflict between us and
the
aliens, we start learning more about each other, and building alliances
-
not necessarily alliances between all human nations to fight the aliens,
but
between certain alien "nations" if you will and our own, tenuous at
first
due to xenophobia, but growing, until the interplay between the aliens
and
between us and the aliens is as diverse and complex as our own
interaction.

OUR differing views come out a hell of a lot more often, why shouldn't
theirs?

----Original Message Follows----
From: Thomas Barclay of the Clan Barclay <kaladorn@home.com>
- the differing
views only came out in small moments. I think this goes a long way to
addressing your points.

"Good? Bad? I'm the guy with the gun." - Ash, Army of Darkness

Homepage: http:\\fox.ntsn.ca\~kaladorn\index.html
ICQ: 58316640 (Tomin8tor)

"Ah. I see. Inform me if there is any change in his condition."
<hangs up the phone>
"How is he?"
"He's dead."
-- The movie Top Secret

Prev: Re: Falkenberg/DSII Next: Re: KV, Humans, and Political Divisions