Prev: Re: OK, what should I paint these blasted things? Next: Computer Dune to DS II

Re: OK, what should I paint these blasted things?

From: John Crimmins <johncrim@v...>
Date: Sat, 11 Mar 2000 00:40:00 -0500
Subject: Re: OK, what should I paint these blasted things?

At 07:48 AM 3/10/00 -0500, you wrote:
>John Crimmins wrote:
>
>> I'm painting up a bunch of Ogre miniatures right now, and I've
settled on a
>> REALLY easy camo scheme.  It's not all that realistic, but it looks
good.

>> Dark green base coat, dry brush it with a slightly lighter green.
Paint
>> large splotches of a light gray-green at the corners and edges of the
tank,
>> to break up the silhouette.	Then ink the whole think with a dark
green
ink.

>John,
>	 This sounds like an excellent scheme.	Do you have pictures of
this
>available on the web or that you can e-mail?  Thanks.

I've posted some pictures on my page.  Go to

http://www.voicenet.com/~johncrim/Cammo.html

and then go to Forrest/Jungle Camo.  The miniatures pictured are at the
very bottom of the page: three Ral Partha figures, and a single
Grenadier
model that I'm not sure about.	The scans are pretty awful, though --
fair
warning.

Actually, the pages as a whole are pretty awful, and I'm going to
probably
start overhauling them this weekend.  I think that I need to do a proper
gallery page, and to see what I can do about improving the pictures.
Plus,
maybe I can spell "camo" correctly this time around....

John X Crimmins
johncrim@voicenet.com
  --Spider Robinson, The Callahan Touch.

Prev: Re: OK, what should I paint these blasted things? Next: Computer Dune to DS II