Prev: Re: FB2 Advanced orders: Address Next: Re: GMS vs Infantry

Re: That MP3 Soundtrack...

From: Aaron Teske <ateske@H...>
Date: Tue, 07 Mar 2000 21:37:36 -0500
Subject: Re: That MP3 Soundtrack...

At 09:53 AM 3/5/00 -0500, Los wrote:
>WRT making game soundtracks. First step is to get into MP3s,
downloading them
>and playing them. (hope you have some bandwidth.) Then you can search
the
hell
>out of everywhere for suitable MP3s. Kr'rt's MP3 sight is has a lot of
rare
>stuff.  Then you develop your playlists depending on what you're
playing.

Or just own a buttload of CDs, especially within the area you're
interested
in.  (Well over 200 here, in total, though about a quarter are classical
and most of those don't apply to gaming -- though there are some
seriously
notable exceptions, most mentioned.)

>a notebook or rio, combined with one of those surround sound systems
for
your PC
>can give you the power of creating appropriate soundtracks on the fly.
[snip]

True 'nuff.  I tossed the MIB score into the CD player during my game,
but
it was a bit far from my table and the general noise level at the time
was
pretty high.

					Aaron Teske
					ateske@HICom.net

Prev: Re: FB2 Advanced orders: Address Next: Re: GMS vs Infantry