Prev: Re: GMS vs. Infantry Next: Re: That MP3 Soundtrack...

Re: That MP3 Soundtrack...

From: Los <los@c...>
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2000 09:53:23 -0500
Subject: Re: That MP3 Soundtrack...

WRT making game soundtracks. First step is to get into MP3s, downloading
them
and playing them. (hope you have some bandwidth.) Then you can search
the hell
out of everywhere for suitable MP3s. Kr'rt's MP3 sight is has a lot of
rare
stuff.	Then you develop your playlists depending on what you're
playing.

At GZG the concept was almost executed properly as we brought down tons
of MP3s,
expect that my CD/DVD drive on my notebook began developing serious
problem. But
a notebook or rio, combined with one of those surround sound systems for
your PC
can give you the power of creating appropriate soundtracks on the fly.
We had
the aliens soundtrack going for Stuart's game, then switched to Rot
Hafen for
general gaming, then during parts of Grey Day had ambient combat sounds
going
on.

(Note that whoever brought the CD player to G3	had burnt some very nice
gaming
music onto CDs also, same concept except audio instead of MP3)

Next time Kr'rt comes up (end of month) we'll make a concerted effort to
consolidate all the stuff I have into appropriate directories so Kr'rt
can make
MP3 directories for download.

Los
P.S. Personally I'm a huge soundtrack fan and at any given time of the
day have
one running through my head differning on the situation. On some of our
more
harrowing "insertions" I'll usually have Holst's "Mars" cranking through
my
head.... It even adds a flare of dramatic to even mundane situations and
in
writing Rot Hafen, I found that the appropriate music significantly
aided the
creative process.

Paul Radford wrote:

> Excellent work Kr'rt.
> Does anyone know of if something similar has been done for FT? Or a
> suggestion of a 'suitable' soundtrack? I'm using Star Wars soundtrack
CDs at