Prev: Re: GMS vs Infantry Next: RE: GMS vs Infantry

Re: GMS vs Infantry

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2000 20:20:26 +0100
Subject: Re: GMS vs Infantry

Los wrote:

>And we're also making the assumption that a GMS is HE based. >Weber's
version of GMS in the Starfire series of books (i.e. >Insurrection)
comes to mind. They are ultra hyper velocity >penetrators. (almost like
they make micro warp jumps IIRC)

The HVMs used in the Starfire novels aren't guided, but they move at
0.1c - if you can see your target it's dead... more like a
shoulder-launched HKP/10 :-/

Though don't ask me why they don't kill anyone nearby, including the
shooter with the shock wave :-/

The various SAMs used in the Honor Harrington universe are guided (or
self-guiding), but although they accellerate very fast they don't reach
quite as high velocities as the Starfire ones; they tend to kill with
their drive wedges rather than their own kinetic energy.

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: GMS vs Infantry Next: RE: GMS vs Infantry