Prev: Re: [OT] UK GZG'ers Next: Re: GMS vs Infantry

Re: GMS vs Infantry

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2000 20:09:40 +0100
Subject: Re: GMS vs Infantry

Kr'rt  wrote:

> You flick a switch and HEAT GMS rounds can act as HEAP,
> though much less effective than a round designed for AP use.
>(Beehive, Flechette, Scattergun :)  )
>
> Like I said, just a goofy idea.  Maybe I can go sell it to Rayhteon
> and make a mint....

Too late. The HEDP round for the CG recoilless already does this - load
it one way up and it's a (not too effective) shaped charge, turn it
upside-down (the round, not the rifle!) and works as HE... initiate the
detonation of an SC charge in different places and you get very
different effects.

OK, it doesn't have a switch <g>

Later,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.
- Hen3ry

Prev: Re: [OT] UK GZG'ers Next: Re: GMS vs Infantry