Prev: Re: I wanna scenario Next: RE: GMS vs Infantry

Re: OGRE/GEV for ground combat

From: "Imre A. Szabo" <ias@s...>
Date: Sat, 04 Mar 2000 07:33:38 -0500
Subject: Re: OGRE/GEV for ground combat

Laserlight wrote:

> >I was planning on using the victory points from Ogre Minitures
> rule book as
> >the cost per unit.  I might use a multiplier to get FB points.
> My big
> >problem is how to handle fighters.  Fighters in Full Thrust are
> used for
> >ground support.
>
> Doesn't SJ Games website have a link to a link to OGRE Fighter
> rules?

You're right.  I missed them.

> >description.  I'm assuming that units in Ogre aren't lobbing
> nukes, because
> >if you're lobbing nukes, you will reduce all planets in the
> game to barren
> >radioactive hulks...
>
> So?  <a blank look on the face of the Alarishi contingent>
>
> In the original OGRE, at least, the assumption was that all guns
> shot nukes, presumably very low yield.  Not that you're
> obligated to stick with their assumptions.

NATO planned on using low yield nukes if the old Soviet Union invaded.
One small tactical nuke isn't that bad, but dozens of them quickly add
up to massive damage all over the place.  Remeber that the trend in
ICBM's and SLBM's has been to more and smaller yield nukes.  They
destroy a larger area.	Ok, you don't get huge craters, but unless
you're going after barried targets, do you need them?

IAS

Prev: Re: I wanna scenario Next: RE: GMS vs Infantry