Prev: Re: USA vs. Canada Next: Re: Snow

Re: [FT] Miniture sizes

From: "Oerjan Ohlson" <oerjan.ohlson@t...>
Date: Sat, 4 Mar 2000 11:12:09 +0100
Subject: Re: [FT] Miniture sizes

J Noble wrote:

> I would like to know about what size GZG ships mine relate to.

Comparing to the NSL, IF and UNSC ships I have (can't say if the other
ranges are in scale):

> Darrian Patrol Cruiser (Don't know name, but also sold as a Silent
> Death Figure)

Javelin-class gunboat in SD:TNM:Nightwatch... nice model. CL or small
CE.

> Aslan (?Border Cruiser?) (AKA Silent Death Hornet)

DD-sized

> Silent Death Remora

DH or small CL.

>Battlefleet gothic Sword class frigates

CL or small CE

>I also have a bunch of GameScience trek minis, as well as some TFG
>Starline 2200 ships.

Dunno about Starline 2200... I only have "Starfleet" models (which are
outright tiny) and "Starline 2300" which are simply scaled-up Starfleet
models, but they vary quite a lot in size. Which models are you
thinking of?

>Oh, and of course the trek micromachines.  If anyone knows how those
>compare in size that would be fine as well, but I'm focusing on the
others >first.

Well, they don't compare in size to one another - all MicroMachine
models are roughly the same size, from the Y-wing to the Death Star
(translate into Trek as necessary <g>)... most of them are in the BB-DN
range though, depending a bit on how spindly they are.

Regards,

Oerjan Ohlson
oerjan.ohlson@telia.com

"Life is like a sewer.