Prev: Re: I wanna scenario Next: FW: Combined FT - SG2 Scenario

Re: Combined FT - SG2 Scenario

From: Michael Sarno <msarno@p...>
Date: Fri, 03 Mar 2000 11:29:56 -0500
Subject: Re: Combined FT - SG2 Scenario

Roger Books wrote:

> On  2-Mar-00 at 17:47, Michael Sarno (msarno@ptdprolog.net) wrote:
> >	It seems that you won't have much variance from that, though.
If
> >	that's the
> > case, why not take that as read and only play the SG portion?
>
> How many troop ships make it through?  At the end of SG turn 3
> the person in charge has to make the call as to when to retreat, do
> you start bringing your people back to the shuttles or do you hope
> that the ships can hang out 3 turns instead of 2?

    That really doesn't address my concern, though.  I have yet to see a
FT
game where side A ia guaranteed of making orbit, but it is still up in
the air
as to how long they can hold it.  More likely, you have a scenario where
team
A can't make orbit, or, if they do make it, theycan only hold it for one
turn.  Again, that just doesn't see like something that would need to be
played to add another level to the SG game.  For this to be worth the
effort
of filling two slots and coordinating the rest, the first scenario has
to have
a definite impact on the second game, but still leave the second game
undecided.  I'm not saying that this orbital insertion idea can't work,
I'm
just saying that nothing proposed so far sounds like it will work.

-Mike

--
Michael Sarno

http://vietnam.isonfire.com
Check out the Charlie Company Discussion Group:
Info, resources, and links for RAFM's miniatures
skirmish wargame of infantry combat in Vietnam 1965-1972

"Tradition refuses to submit to the small and
 arrogant oligarchy of those who merely happen
 to be walking about."
 -G.K. Chesterton

Prev: Re: I wanna scenario Next: FW: Combined FT - SG2 Scenario