Prev: Re: [OT] Ships & Spheres...or 3D representation Next: RE: [OT] Ships & Spheres...or 3D representation

Re: Modeling Honor Harrington Ships.

From: Thomas Pope <tpope@c...>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2000 08:33:37 -0500
Subject: Re: Modeling Honor Harrington Ships.

Aaron Teske wrote:

> One thing I was thinking about the scale... instead of trying to model
the
> impeller wedge around the ship, just say that the physical size of the
mini
> on the map is the size of the impeller wedge, and that the ship itself
is
> much smaller.  It's not like that will throw the scale off by much,
and
> this means that it's easy to tell when two impeller wedges will
interact --
> if the models touch, someone's nodes are going to blow....

The only problem I can see with that is that the shape of the wedge
isn't really
related to the shape of the ship.

Here is what a Superdreadnought's wedge looks like:

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~captruss/Wedge.html

That's from the home page of Russ Isler, the artist who did the
illustrtions in
the last two books.  He hasn't updated his site in a while, but did put
a nice
pretty rendering of the Nike on the cover page:

http://www.home.earthlink.net/~captruss/RMN.html

Tom

--
Thomas Pope
Human Computer Interaction Institute

Prev: Re: [OT] Ships & Spheres...or 3D representation Next: RE: [OT] Ships & Spheres...or 3D representation