Prev: [GZG ECC] My thoughts Next: RE: Gamescience Star Trek minis

Re: GMS at Infantry

From: "Tom.McCarthy" <Tom.McCarthy@s...>
Date: Wed, 1 Mar 2000 09:16:42 -0500
Subject: Re: GMS at Infantry

I can't fault Thomas's interpretation of the rules, but I must say that
when
GMS fires at infantry (particularly those with low to medium armour)
casualties rack up.

For example, if you need to move across an open field in SG2, you're
usually
safe if you are outside 50 inches.  Only elites can target you, and you
get
a good defensive die.  But if a regular with a GMS fires at you, it's
not
unusual for him to roll 8, 9, 10, or even 11 for his attack dice and you
roll D6 in defence (generously provided by Thomas), and so take 1 or 2
impacts (D8 vs D6, perhaps) and suppression.

I know it's uncommon and most people will hold their GMS rather than
fire at
infantry, but given the effectiveness I'd rather play that infantry in
regular armour (and inert terrain pieces) have too low a signature to be
picked up by GMS.

It might come down to what the G in GMS is.  If it's laser designated,
the
laser designator might be limited by the quality of the trooper using
it.
If it's electromagnetic, infantry and terrain probably is very low
signature.  If it's another kind, I'm too dull to think of it now.

Prev: [GZG ECC] My thoughts Next: RE: Gamescience Star Trek minis