Prev: Re: Modeling Honor Harrington Ships. Next: RE: Thanks to all at GZG-ECC III

Re: Modeling Honor Harrington Ships.

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 11:06:09 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Modeling Honor Harrington Ships.

On 29-Feb-00 at 10:54, Rand (rand@binary.net) wrote:

> JMO, but I did not consider this to be a workable game for the table
top.
> The calculations involved could not be easily handled without computer
> simulation.  David even told me that he didn't see how someone could
> accurately model 3-D Newtonian physics in such a way that it made a
good
> game.

There is an easy way to do away with 3-D.  Limit the game to two
combatatants.  3-D is no longer an issue, heck, you can even add
a planet in and achieve the same affect.  It sounds like what Mr. Weber
wants is a Star Fleet Battles level of granularity, not an FT level.

Roger

Prev: Re: Modeling Honor Harrington Ships. Next: RE: Thanks to all at GZG-ECC III