Prev: Re: AI Next: Honor Harrington T-shirts and hats

Re: Re AI, was NBC

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 08:41:28 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: Re AI, was NBC

On 28-Feb-00 at 20:03, Laserlight (laserlight@quixnet.net) wrote:

> But if someone does need to be able to override the tank, why
> cause problems by putting the human inside the tank?	Leave him
> out and you can also leave out life support, ergonomic space,
> and displays, lower the profile, use a harder suspension for
> better accuracy, etc etc.  Park the human in a nice cozy bunker
> somewhere.

While I was the one claiming that you couldn't take out the optics
in a tank without taking out a humans optics (IE, stay INSIDE), I
will definately not argue that for communications.  If you need an
override (or quick repair) you Johnny, there and on the spot.  Not
someone who needs to make an ECM roll every time he needs to
countermand an decision.

Roger

Prev: Re: AI Next: Honor Harrington T-shirts and hats