Prev: Re: I bet that one didn't make the quote list Next: Re: Re AI, was NBC

Re: AI

From: "Magic" <rmako@c...>
Date: Tue, 29 Feb 2000 08:15:17 -0500
Subject: Re: AI

The Coast Guard used pigeons to look for survivors at sea.  They had a
cage
built under an HH-52 helicopter and they would peck at one of three
switches, left right or center and that would make an indicator light in
the
cockpit.  The pilots were to steer to the light.  Unfortunately the
HH-52
had a sometimes tempremental engine and while testing had to do an
unplanned
water landing.	Pidgeon cage was underwater when the -52 was floating on
its
boat shaped hull. :(

Magic