Prev: Re: Top 10 Reasons Mardi Gras is Better Than GZG-ECC III Next: RE: [SG] at 15mm (The Joys of Sixmm) [CLEAN STAMP]

RE: [SG] at 15mm (The Joys of Sixmm) [CLEAN STAMP]

From: "Glover, Owen" <oglover@m...>
Date: Sun, 27 Feb 2000 19:08:03 +1000
Subject: RE: [SG] at 15mm (The Joys of Sixmm) [CLEAN STAMP]

Correct me if I'm wrong but it sounds like you are playing all your
games
along the approach of 'last man standing' style? Are you using scenarios
with diferent objectives for each side?

We regularly play Coy level games (as part of our ongoing Esperance
Campaign)with one side having perhaps a Mechanised Infantry Coy with
some
support elements; a dozen or so squads and vehicles and will often throw
in
two or three tanks as support (and targets for the oppositions GMS!).
The
defender will have usually about half of this but some sort of balance
element; artillery, Air support mines etc. In most of these games we
generally find the board breaks into 2 or three separate game spaces; as
long as we keep track of the game turns accurately the play continues
almost
as three simultaneous games. Otherwise some players can end up waiting
for
over half an hour to move their few squads...

Carefully thought out and balanced scenarios seem to go a lot further to
the
game success rather than the size of the game. Anyhow, that's how we
find
it.

Cheers,

Owen