Prev: Re: [SG] at 15mm (The Joys of Sixmm) [CLEAN STAMP] Next: Re: Lancaster Bound - See you there!

Re: [SG] at 15mm (The Joys of Sixmm) [CLEAN STAMP]

From: Michael Sarno <msarno@p...>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 11:12:42 -0500
Subject: Re: [SG] at 15mm (The Joys of Sixmm) [CLEAN STAMP]

Los wrote:

> Rick Rutherford wrote:
>
> > Yes, we used 6mm figures with the 25mm ground scale -- given the
> > capabilities of modern equipment, it looked like a pretty good
> > match between the ground scale and the figure scale.
> >
> > The best part about it was the terrain -- GeoHex hills are BIG hills
> > for 6mm figures, and taking & owning a hill can be a real advantage.
> >

> I also like doing this. Sure you don't get the beauty of the figures
but you get more of the tactical manuever and sense of appropriate
scale.

    I've been painting a bunch of 6mm figs for use with SGII.  I like
the sense of scale a great deal.

> (I'll have some 6mm SST figs down
> at the con, maybe I'll run an SST battle if I have some spare time.)

    Sounds great.  I'll pack the plastic bugs I won at ECC II. <g>

-Mike

--
Michael Sarno

http://vietnam.isonfire.com
Check out the Charlie Company Discussion Group:
Info, resources, and links for RAFM's miniatures
skirmish wargame of infantry combat in Vietnam 1965-1972

"Tradition refuses to submit to the small and
 arrogant oligarchy of those who merely happen
 to be walking about."
 -G.K. Chesterton

Prev: Re: [SG] at 15mm (The Joys of Sixmm) [CLEAN STAMP] Next: Re: Lancaster Bound - See you there!