Prev: Re: TBP/EFSB Support site updated Next: Re: Jon, we need an Official Ruling! (was Re: SG2 newbie Q)

Re: Jon, we need an Official Ruling! (was Re: SG2 newbie Q)

From: Allan Goodall <agoodall@i...>
Date: Fri, 25 Feb 2000 00:02:38 -0500
Subject: Re: Jon, we need an Official Ruling! (was Re: SG2 newbie Q)

On Thu, 24 Feb 2000 08:52:30 -0500, Michael Sarno <msarno@ptdprolog.net>
wrote:

>    Well, we're remembering English a bit differently, then. <g>  The
sentence, as it
>is written, can be parsed multiple ways, none of them being the
"correct" way.

Yes, I guess we are. Although my friend Sherry (English major, and new
Stargrunt fan) tells me that, in a STRICT sense (not the only one)
that's the
way to interpret it.

>> Of course, it makes for horrible rules syntax. *S* We need a ruling
from Jon
>> on this!
>>
>> So, the question for Jon is... how many times can a unit be activated
by a
>> command squad or squads through the transfer of actions?
>
>    Jon's opinion on this matter is no more valid than yours or mine.

Say what??? Jon wrote the rulebook. If he wasn't clear, then his opinion
on
how the rule SHOULD work IS more valid than anyone else's. He is the
final
arbiter on how the rules should be interpreted, because it's his game.

Now, if you intend to play it a different way, no one is going to come
to your
house and beat you with a stick. But it's Jon's rules, and his ruling is
considered official by me, at any rate, and the people I play with.

> He had the
>opportunity to write the rule, and that's the rule he chose to write.
He can certainly
>address this issue in BDS or SGIII, but that wouldn't change the rules
in SGII.

He isn't changing the SG2 rule. He's just clarifying it. If you want to
play
it the other way, go ahead. As Jon has said in his "unofficial rule" you
bought the book, play it any way you want.

Allan Goodall		       agoodall@interlog.com
Goodall's Grotto: http://www.interlog.com/~agoodall/

Prev: Re: TBP/EFSB Support site updated Next: Re: Jon, we need an Official Ruling! (was Re: SG2 newbie Q)