Prev: Re: NBC Next: Re: NBC

Radar, sonar and more

From: Cleats Balentine <kevinbalentine@y...>
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2000 12:38:26 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Radar, sonar and more

I'm working on a scenario inspired by a recent report
I heard on NPR about the ocean of Europa ... it's
still in the embryonic stages of development.

Anyway, I need some help that I'm hoping some listers
might be able to provide:

No. 1 Is there any naturally occurring element that
can block radar? Is there any elemnet hypothesized or
in hard sci-fi literature that can do this?
Essentially what I'm looking for is something that can
refract radar and prevent accurate readings.

No. 2 Will an abnormally loud aquatic environment
prevent the effective use of sonar?

http://im.yahoo.com

Prev: Re: NBC Next: Re: NBC