Prev: Re: Georgia in winter Next: Re: do GMS/P troopers carry ARs?

Re: do GMS/P troopers carry ARs?

From: Chris Connor <con9570@f...>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 08:56:10 -0800
Subject: Re: do GMS/P troopers carry ARs?

> Now a question related to this that we should also look at (if it
hasn't
> been before some time), is what happens to the GMS/P when the trooper
> carrying it is shot.	Right now, we take the fig off the table and the
> weapon is gone.  That makes sense if the trooper carrying it was
> obliterated by some kind of powerful weapon, but if he was just shot,
why
> would his buddies leave their tank killer on the ground?  I know the
game
> is an abstraction and for playability purposes we keep it simple, but
has
> anyone addressed this with a house rule?
>
> It would be easy to suggest that if a special weapon gunner
(particularly
> the GMS/P) is a casualty, as long as the weapon wasn't destroyed it
may be
> picked up by another member of the squad.  Perhaps this requires a
reorg
> action, and a check of some kind if the gunner was hit by anything
other
> than smallarms.
>
> Thoughts?
>
> Adrian

  the house rule that I have played with is that after a reorg action if
the troop
quality is regular or better then a normal guy can pick up the special
weapon that
was dropped.  I think that if the victim had his armor die beaten by
more than
three times then the weapon should be destroyed, but I haven't played
with that
yet.

Prev: Re: Georgia in winter Next: Re: do GMS/P troopers carry ARs?