Prev: Re: DSII ADS Question ummmm? Next: NBC

Re: Submunition Mines

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2000 07:59:46 -0800
Subject: Re: Submunition Mines

>Ooo!  A cool new weapon!  (Might get into fractional numbers though...)

Fractions BAD !!  ;-)

>How about the laying ship's velocity? Would layed mines drift following
the
>laying ship's vector?
>Or would they "stay put".  Or should the laying ship come to a stop to
keep
>the mines from drifting?

I would say that the mines would "stay put" to keep things from getting
out
of hand. Generally you'd want a field to stay put anyway to keep it from
scattering. I'd guess that mines would have somew minimal station
keeping
thrusters.

Schoon

Prev: Re: DSII ADS Question ummmm? Next: NBC