Prev: Re: Alternate history[Here's my Timeline](long) Next: RE: Where's the Cheese?

Re: Alternate history[Here's my Timeline](long)

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2000 13:04:10 PST
Subject: Re: Alternate history[Here's my Timeline](long)

However, if we take all the fancy military hardware found in the games,
and
extrapolate (There I go again) that similar technological advances are
being
applied to most areas of life, including agriculture, we could suppose
that
those regions would find ways of producing food using far less intrusive

methods.  Also, if we see large shifts in population to colonies, and a
decrease in demand for foodstuffs on the homeworld proper, we can see
this
happening. Furthermore, not all the Native Americans who receive these
lands
back are going to be interested in returning to their 18th & 19th
century
lifestyles - they like modern life, they just want autonomy.

Brian B

----Original Message Follows----
From: John Leary <john_t_leary@pronetusa.net>

      The economic value of the region is to important to the nation
and world to allow this major producer of the worlds food to be allowed
to 'return to nature'.	 JTL

Prev: Re: Alternate history[Here's my Timeline](long) Next: RE: Where's the Cheese?