Prev: SG2 Weather (was Re: Georgia in winter) Next: Re: SG2 newbie Q

Re: [SG2] Newbie Questions . . .

From: agoodall@i... (Allan Goodall)
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2000 05:35:28 GMT
Subject: Re: [SG2] Newbie Questions . . .

On Tue, 15 Feb 2000 22:30:37 -0800, -MWS- <mshurtleff1@uswest.net>
wrote:

>Question #1) Can a unit "split fire" against the *same* target in a
turn by
>using both of its actions?

It isn't prohibited by the rules, so yes it can. I've looked at this.
Splitting fire will usually increase the probability of a suppression,
but
decrease the probability of casualties (and, as a result, morale rolls).
It
also forces the unit to stay in place; no shooting and scooting.

It's allowable, though.

>Question #2) Can a unit perform a Close Assault in the same turn that
they
>have performed Ranged Fire?

Yes, they can.

>Can the Blue unit now perform a Close Assault, or does this
>violate the "can only fire each weapon once per turn" rule?

This has been corrected in the Stargrunt 2 errata. I THINK the errata is
on
the Unofficial Stargrunt 2 site (can't remember a URL for it; try using
Google.com). A weapon can only be fired once per ACTIVATION, not turn.
So a
weapon CAN be fired twice in a turn; once in the unit's normal
activation, and
once if the unit is activated by a command squad.

Allan Goodall		       agoodall@interlog.com
Goodall's Grotto: http://www.interlog.com/~agoodall/

Prev: SG2 Weather (was Re: Georgia in winter) Next: Re: SG2 newbie Q