Prev: Re: Georgia in winter Next: Re: DSII motorcycles/grav bikes

Re: RFACS

From: sportyspam@h...
Date: Wed, 16 Feb 2000 08:53:51 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: RFACS

On Sun, 13 Feb 2000, Thomas Barclay of the Clan Barclay wrote:

> A nameless critic wrote:
>   If it really bothers you, I'd suggest the solution to your problem
is
> change the names of the weapons around until their relative stats are
> more
> to your liking instead of changing the whole system around the
weapons.

> ** Sure, that's one approach. Though changing the names to attach
> different stats is a lot like changing the system... and I'm not

  Actually it's nothing like changing the system.  The system is a bunch
of weapons with a die associated with them.  You're the one associateing
bullet size and rate of fire with the weapons and getting irked that
they
don't match. You even go through some leaps of logic that would be
appropriate to Star Trek.  My personal favourite is the one where you
talk
about how much better targetting systems would be in the future so
should
get better than d6.  Fine, whatevever, but it's just as valid to say
they
get d6 unless your crystal ball is that much better than mine.	Mine
personally says that things as large as a human won't play much part on
the battlefield in the future, but hey... it's a fun game.
  I take it by your long reply you're all set for Lancaster?  :D

Prev: Re: Georgia in winter Next: Re: DSII motorcycles/grav bikes