Prev: Re: [FT] Heavy Beams - scattered comments to the debate Next: Re: Strike Boats...

25mm Trucks for games

From: RWHofrich@a...
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 16:03:02 EST
Subject: 25mm Trucks for games

For those of you in North America, Kay-Bee Toys is having a sale (well
at
least the local ones here in Central Virginia are) and one thing I found

there that may interest folks on this list is the Matchbox/Jurassic Park

Raging Dino sets--they come with a truck (approximately 25mm in scale)
and
some dinasour figures--for $2.99 US.  The trucks are a little cheesy
(fakey
dinasaur onboard and all) but can be easily taken apart and
converted.I'm
working on converting three of the "Tatra" looking trucks into ESU
tactical
transporters.  And as a bonus you get some small dinasours that can be
used
as alien fauna.

For those of you that frequent dollar stores, there are sets for sale
from
"Yudo Toys" that have a pretty good looking HMMWV in them, and there are
four
different opnes--a cargo transporter, a hard-shell top, a canvas top,
and a
TOW carrier.  The packages also come with a few 25mm scale plastic WW2
figures, but these are really bad.  The same company also sells sets
with the
same figures but with either a poor Merkava or a poor T-62 in them.  A
little
judicious modification can turn either of the latter into passable game
vehicles.

Anyway, I thought I'd pass on this little note for those of you that
need
cheap targets...uhh, I mean vehicles...for Stargrunt 2.

Rob

ps-working on these items has reminded me of how much I like modifying
vehicles (especially when compared with painting figures).

Prev: Re: [FT] Heavy Beams - scattered comments to the debate Next: Re: Strike Boats...