Prev: Re: FT: Very new to this Next: Re: [FT] Heavy Beams - scattered comments to the debate

Re: Strike Boats...

From: "Brian Bilderback" <bbilderback@h...>
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 09:03:00 PST
Subject: Re: Strike Boats...

----Original Message Follows----
From: Brian Burger <yh728@victoria.tc.ca>
To: gzg-l@CSUA.Berkeley.EDU
Date: Sun, 13 Feb 2000 01:26:13 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 12 Feb 2000, Tom Anderson wrote:

 > On Sat, 12 Feb 2000, Ryan M Gill wrote:
 >
 > > On Sat, 12 Feb 2000, Imre A. Szabo wrote:
 > >
 > > > The game was called at this point, the NAC BB's surrendered.  My
forces
 > > > probably wouldn't have been enough to kill the ESU at this point.
 > > > would have reloaded my Strike Boats, and jumped out.
 > >
 > > Sound like the Commander of the NAC BB squadron was an ESU plant.
 >
 > such a simple error! the Royal Navy Operations Manual clearly states
 > (paragraph 5, clause 17, chapter 23): "Under no circumstances shall
any
 > entity with leaves be given command of an operational unit larger
than a
 > section, unless Emergency Staffing Plan IX is in operation.". putting
 > vegetative matter in command of battle squadrons has been the
downfall of
 > many a fleet.

:> There's a scene in one of David Brin's books where one of the main
characters is going into the local public library to find something in a
hurry. He storms into the building, can't see a librarian's desk, and
there's this massive potted plant in the lobby. Starts muttering about
where's the librarian and why's this big plant in the way when the
'potted
plant' asks if he needs help finding something...

Turns out the big 'potted plant' is a particularly impressive specimen
of
intelligent, herbiform alien, and very intelligent to boot. Brin always
has done cool aliens.

Brian (yh728@victoria.tc.ca)
-DS2/SG2/FR!/HOTT-
		    - http://warbard.iwarp.com/games.html -
-SciFi & Fantasy Wargaming House Rules, Photos, GWAutobasher, & more-
    -"Just because it's not nice doesn't mean it's not miraculous."-
	  - from Terry Pratchett's 'Interesting Times' -

Reminds me a lot of the book Greenthieves, can't remember the author.
I'd
say more, but it'd give the book away.

Brian Bilderback

"The Irish are the only race of people on Earth for which psychoanalysis
is
of no use."

				 - S. Freud

Prev: Re: FT: Very new to this Next: Re: [FT] Heavy Beams - scattered comments to the debate