Prev: Traveller / Full Thrust Conversion Next: RE: Strikeboat Mass

FSU Page and more--reply to corrections

From: RWHofrich@a...
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 20:10:31 EST
Subject: FSU Page and more--reply to corrections

Oerjan very helpfully wrote:

A llooonnngggg time ago - OK, several days and a few hundred emails, at
least
- Rob Hofrich announced an update of the FSU web page. I’ve only had
time to
look at the ship designs, but here goes:
Dutch:
De Ruyter - uses 1 Mass too many; should be TMF 88, NPV 297 (or drop 1
PDS,
or something)

Yup--deleted a PDS.  Now corrected.

FSE:
Arma-class FF: OK. Identical to Star Ranger’s FSE Ianesco-class FF,
BTW.

I created it before Star Ranger posted his Reinforcements page, so it
just
goes to show that great minds think alike.   Actually, I can console
myself
with the thought that any miniature for the Ianesco is CERTAINLY
different
than that for the Arma (the Arma is one of my scratch-builds).

Garibaldi-class DN: Well... A nice design, but FSE with level-2 screens
-
and on an “very elderly” ship, at that?

Okay--that's the SLEP version--the original would have had 1 less screen

generator and 1 less missile salvo, but gains a fighter bay. ;-)  I just

didn't have any FSE fighters at the time (still don't)…

Epee: Very nice, very FSE-ish DD :-)

Thanks--it looks more FSE than the San Miguel, IMnotsoHO.

IC:
Dagger-class FF: 2 Mass unused (ship could be TMF 20, NPV 67, though
then
it’d only have 6 hull boxes).

Oops-left off two Beam-1 batteries.  Now corrected.

Flores Sea-class CL: An interesting design, though I’d replace one
C1-6
battery with a second FC.
Singapore BC: Seems to use only 91 Mass, but even with one Mass unused
the
NPV is 302 rather than 295.

Left off another beam-1 (I just seem to have done that a lot).	As for
the
cost--well, I must have been on drugs (the anti-flu variety).  Now
fixed.

RH:
Streltsy-class DD and Cossack-class DH: I’ve found weapon mixes like
this
likely to need more than 1 FC, but apart from that the designs are OK.

I tried to give them a "Russian" feel--lots of heavy weapons but light
on
electronics (like fire control).

Tsar Aleksander-class BB: Design is OK, but cost is 455.

Fixed.

FSU:
Sierra-class FF: Design OK now, but costs 58

Fixed.

Magic-class CLE: Only uses 48 of its 50 Mass.

Missed a Beam-2 on the port battery.  Rats.  Now fixed.

Adam Smith: Only uses 106 of its 107 Mass

Left off a point of armor--now fixed.

Thanks for the review and help--I appreciate it!  I also appreciate the
work
of Adam Delafield and Kelvin Henderson (they created the ship bits BMP
that I
used to put the ship control sheets together).

Now I await the arrival of FB2 so that I can make the designs for my
scratch-built Kra-Vak style ships (a break-away clan--The Red Claw Clan)
write the next chapter (Kra'Vak arrive in FSU space--ouch--all that mass

wasted on screens).

Rob

Prev: Traveller / Full Thrust Conversion Next: RE: Strikeboat Mass