Prev: Re: FT: 2 ships from TV Next: [FT] Repair hull?

Strikeboat Mass

From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@a...>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 07:51:13 -0800
Subject: Strikeboat Mass

As you all may have figured out by now, I've been pondering Strikboats
recently.

So my next little idea to throw into the hornet's nest is the ideal SB
mass. Here are my thoughts:

MASS 6 - to fragile to deliver its payload; can be sniped by long range
beam fire before it reaches its own range envelope. You could add an
armor
point, but it would reduce offensive potential below a usefull level.
MASS 8 - far better; enough mass to add at least one point of armor,
improving survivablilty drastically. Offensive potential is good.
MASS 10 - I'm still; trying to decide if I like this better than 8 or
not.
You have the option of adding either another point of armor or adding
another SP (for a cost of about 35 points total). This has the advantage
of
a mixed group of SBs for more tactical options. On the other hand MASS
10
is about as large as I'd want to go for a SB.
MASS 12 - From this point on I think we're talking about a whole other
kettle of fish. I don't wan't to go into the battle-rider concept right
now
(even though SBs are a subset).

Thoughts?

Schoon

Prev: Re: FT: 2 ships from TV Next: [FT] Repair hull?