Prev: [DS2] K'rathri armor designs - first SWAG Next: Re: FT: Strikeboat designs vs PDS

Re: [DS2] K'rathri armor designs - first SWAG

From: me <jeremy.claridge@k...>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 11:56:46 +0000 (GMT Standard Time)
Subject: Re: [DS2] K'rathri armor designs - first SWAG

Interesting designs, I've just redesigned a lot of my
vehicles but I've gone the opposite way to these
by becoming cheap and plenty full.

> Peregrine APC (154 pts + infantry cost)
> =======================================
> Size:2  Stealth:1  Armor:2A/1A
> Movement:Grav/15"  Power:FGP
> ECM:Superior	PDS:Basic
> Weapons: APSW
> Carries 2x Infantry or 1x Power Armor
>
> I don't like PDS.

Me neither plus it counts towards the number of weapons
allowed doesn't it?
I'd rather have 2 APSW.

> Merlin IFV (214 pts + infantry cost)
> =======================================
> Size:2  Stealth:1  Armor:2A/1A
> Movement:Grav/15"  Power:FGP
> ECM:Superior	PDS:Basic
> Weapons: GMS/H:S
>	   APSW
> Carries 1x Infantry

I tried something like this but found that the desire to
remain stationary while firing those GMS Heavies made the
infantry attachment pointless and also the APC's got toasted
by Artillery because of the low armour.
I now have minimal armed APC's accompanied by Light Tanks.

> Falcon Main Battle Tank (377 pts)
> =======================================
> Size:3  Stealth:2  Armor:3A/2A
> Movement:Grav/15"  Power:FGP
> ECM:Superior	PDS:Basic
> FiCon:Superior
> Weapons: HEL/3, Full Turret
>	   GMS/H:S
>	   APSW
> >>>>>>>
> Dump either the GMS/H or the HEL/3. You can only fire
> one of them each turn. So not realy worth it.

Well a combination of weapons is useful sometimes
but considering both of these weapons are stopped by smoke
limits the tank a bit.

> Nighthawk Assault Tank (323 pts)
> =======================================
> Size:3  Stealth:2  Armor:3A/2A
> Movement:Grav/15"  Power:FGP
> ECM:Superior	PDS:none
> FiCon:Superior
> Weapons: (2x)HEL/3, Full Turret
>	   APSW

Despite your designs costing twice what I now Field
the combination of that Laser range and high mobility
must make this force a difficult one to beat.

Hmmm must remember to pack extra smoke :)

Jeremey
jeremy.claridge@kcl.ac.uk

Prev: [DS2] K'rathri armor designs - first SWAG Next: Re: FT: Strikeboat designs vs PDS