Prev: More HBW stuff. Next: Re: [DS2] K'rathri armor designs - first SWAG

[DS2] K'rathri armor designs - first SWAG

From: Graeme Bradbury <graeme.bradbury@b...>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2000 11:30:05 -0000
Subject: [DS2] K'rathri armor designs - first SWAG

Peregrine APC (154 pts + infantry cost)
=======================================
Size:2	Stealth:1  Armor:2A/1A
Movement:Grav/15"  Power:FGP
ECM:Superior  PDS:Basic
Weapons: APSW
Carries 2x Infantry or 1x Power Armor

I don't like PDS. I tend to find ECM plus reactive better.
Since this is and APC PDS also does nothing against IAVRS.
(PS. NEVER put PA in APC's it just makes the PA squad easier
to kill.) The stealth on a vehicle that isn't going to
fire much is pretty wasted. D10 + D8 (evasive move) is just
as good.

Merlin IFV (214 pts + infantry cost)
=======================================
Size:2	Stealth:1  Armor:2A/1A
Movement:Grav/15"  Power:FGP
ECM:Superior  PDS:Basic
Weapons: GMS/H:S
	 APSW
Carries 1x Infantry

If this is going to be mixing with Infantry alot then
reactive might possibly be better.

Falcon Main Battle Tank (377 pts)
=======================================
Size:3	Stealth:2  Armor:3A/2A
Movement:Grav/15"  Power:FGP
ECM:Superior  PDS:Basic
FiCon:Superior
Weapons: HEL/3, Full Turret
	 GMS/H:S
	 APSW

Dump either the GMS/H or the HEL/3. You can only fire
one of them each turn. So not realy worth it.

Nighthawk Assault Tank (323 pts)
=======================================
Size:3	Stealth:2  Armor:3A/2A
Movement:Grav/15"  Power:FGP
ECM:Superior  PDS:none
FiCon:Superior
Weapons: (2x)HEL/3, Full Turret
	 APSW

I like this design. The double HEL/3 as opposed to HEL/4 is apples and
oranges
One less chit. Twice as likely to hit.

Just remember, a Grav army is MOBILE. Get where your opponent does not
want
you to be, always. :-)

Graeme

Prev: More HBW stuff. Next: Re: [DS2] K'rathri armor designs - first SWAG