Prev: Re: FT: High Energy Turns (ala SFB) Next: RE: No Munchkin Zone

RE: No Munchkin Zone

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2000 08:33:38 -0500
Subject: RE: No Munchkin Zone

I hope not.
Several times in the local gaming store I have recommended FT to a
parent
and young person who were shopping together. Parents are almost always
skeptical (D&D is satanic, don't-ya-know). Why?
  1. FT is quick and easy to learn.
  2. It is inexpensive compared to many other miniature games
  3. Lack of overt sexual and demonic content (plus for the parent)
  4. The mailing list. I point out that this mailing list is a great
educational resource. I have seen discussions on probability, physics,
history, psychology, astronomy, literature and other topics. Also, this
list
carries a VERY LOW noise to signal ratio (flames to content). My hat's
off
to all the fine people who continue to make this list TRUELY valuable.

-----
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net
http://members.xoom.com/rlyehable/gzg/