Prev: Re: 4th Heavy Beams Next: RE: Poll: HBs and Armour

RE: "No Roll to Hit"

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2000 13:56:08 -0500
Subject: RE: "No Roll to Hit"

I am in the camp of no auto-hits unless it is an area-effect weapon.
Auto-hit is one of the reasons that the Kra'Vak Scattergun is
unbalanced in comparison to human PDS systems.

You requested constructive alternatives. I see three:
1. Change the -1 per range band  to include the first range band.
This means that it is very likely to hit, but not impossible to miss.
Mass/Cost may have to be altered for play balance due to
decreased range (1 range band).
2. Roll a die and hit on 4+ (50%). If you use this option, you may
want to increase the size of the range bands or change mass/cost
for play balance.
3. Roll to hit using the P-Torp chart. Again, mass/cost or damage
may have to be altered for play balance.

-----
Brian Bell
bkb@beol.net
http://members.xoom.com/rlyehable/ft/