Prev: Re: Tank vision systems Next: Re: Sensors

Re: Tank vision systems

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 00:31:17 -0500
Subject: Re: Tank vision systems

Popeyesays@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 2/4/00 4:16:46 PM Central Standard Time,
> monty@arcadia.turner.com writes:
>
> <<
>  Its a matter of having a number of options open, not relying totally
on
>  the electronics. You propose relying totally on the electronics, or
so it
>  seems.
>   >>

> Not only relying entirely on the electronics - but putting it into a
format
> which the tanker reads with his eyes, just like doing it by sticking
his head
> out. Options! Options! Options! You usually die shortly after you run
out of
> options.

Of course the same as what he reads by sticking his head out, it's what
we are designed for, nature didn't evolve us to read computer screens.

I'm not arguing loss of options, I'm saying you can get just as good
as sticking your head up and then some.  All without risking your head
to the sniper/gas/whatever.

Roger

Prev: Re: Tank vision systems Next: Re: Sensors