Prev: Re: Tank vision systems Next: Re: Tank vision systems

Re: Tank vision systems

From: Roger Books <books@m...>
Date: Fri, 04 Feb 2000 00:28:04 -0500
Subject: Re: Tank vision systems

Popeyesays@aol.com wrote:

> In a message dated 2/4/00 4:17:53 PM Central Standard Time,
> monty@arcadia.turner.com writes:
>
> <<
>  > Can you give me any idea what this super sensor-fooler is that
doesn't
>  > also fool the Mk I eyeball?
>
>  Chaff? IR coatings? Radar absorbent coatings?
>   >>
> Lazer dazzle systems, decoys, noise makers . . . .

Dazzler would also dazzle eyes, and solid state "eyes" would come
back much more quickly than human ones.  Why would a decoy fox
electronic optical systems that are read by a human any more than
they would fox an eye.

Of course, your enhanced tank could tell you there were 30
soldiers in the woods when they were really dummies, I guess that
would be foxing because the tank commander could stick his head out
and see nothing but forest.

Roger

Prev: Re: Tank vision systems Next: Re: Tank vision systems