Prev: Re: New NAC ship and a cheese question Next: Re: [FT] : No plotted movement

Re: New NAC ship and a cheese question

From: DracSpy@a...
Date: Mon, 31 Jan 2000 13:06:24 EST
Subject: Re: New NAC ship and a cheese question

In a message dated 1/31/2000 8:15:06 AM Pacific Standard Time,
devans@uneb.edu writes:

> ***
>  An abomination.
>
>  The rules I like for ramming are:
>  Roll D6. On a 1 the crew mutinies and the ship strikes. 2-5 the crew
>  eject, but the autopilot isn't set exactly right. On a 6, the crew
>  eject, and the autopilot is set correctly, so follow the normal
ramming
>  rules.
>  ***
>
>  To which I'd add a roll for the detonation of the MT missle; largely
>  jury-rig, I'd figure good chances for the safeties to keep it from
>  exploding before the crew has a chance to eject and reach a safe
distance
>  might fail to disengage.
>
>  The exact number on the roll should be able to bring this monster
into
>  proper play balance; I'm just bad on this kind of number-crunching.
>
>  However, for a one-off scenerio where such a ship is escourted to try
>  and crack a particular facility wouldn't be outrageous. Am I thinking
>  of St. Nazarre(sp?)? I recall Brit use of a converted US destroyer;
such
>  actions occurred during both WWI and WWII. Arguably much further if
you
>  count Neapoleonic fire ships and the like.
>
>  The_Beast

The idea behind the ram ship was more of a protective launcher to get
the
missile closer to the target and give it increased range.  Think of it
like a
two stage missile, except that the first stage fallows it in.
-Stephen

Prev: Re: New NAC ship and a cheese question Next: Re: [FT] : No plotted movement