Prev: Re: Jericho [Was: Idiots' Guide to Wave Guns] Next: Re: Jericho [Was: Idiots' Guide to Wave Guns]

Re: Jericho [Was: Idiots' Guide to Wave Guns]

From: Tony Francis <tony@g...>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 17:32:34 +0000
Subject: Re: Jericho [Was: Idiots' Guide to Wave Guns]

"Izenberg, Noam" wrote:

> From: Sean Bayan Schoonmaker <schoon@aimnet.com>
>
> >> Noam - thinking about putting said item on his future
Jericho(Brigade) BC

> > I would advise against this. Of course, Naom is free to do whatever
the
> > heck he wants to in "his FT universe." However, I'm personally
against the
> > unbalanced systems for FT.
>
> Wave Guns and their like have discussion cycles on this list every
several
> months. Last time I was looking, the general impression has been that
WG's
> are much more balanced in the FB system than they were in FT2.
"Untested" or
> or "Unproved" may be a better description. With the answers to the
questions
> I'd asked, it's looking less likely I'll want to use a WG (Unless
Brian
> Bell's additional WG questions have answers that I like...). It just
seemed
> appropriate to have something like it on that particular ship. Perhaps
> someday, Our Friend Jon will fit WG's and Novas back into the
'accpetable'
> bestiary of weapons. Or perhaps I'll find something in the FB2 to
adapt...

My preference for the Jericho (or any other ship that looks like it's
carrying
some sort of spinal v.heavy mount) would be an adaptation of the EFSB
heavy beam
weapon. This was heavily discussed on the list a while back. I've found
the Nova
/ WG, on the rare occasions I've used them, so bit very hit-or-miss -
charging
the weapon can take such a long time that you're unlikely to get more
than one
or two shots in except in a large battle, and you effectively have to
design a
BC sized vessel around the weapon which can take a substantial part of a
fleet.
So, for FT3 future weapons, a mod of the HBW would be my choice.

Tony

Prev: Re: Jericho [Was: Idiots' Guide to Wave Guns] Next: Re: Jericho [Was: Idiots' Guide to Wave Guns]