Prev: Re: Wave Gun Faqs....... Next: Jericho [Was: Idiots' Guide to Wave Guns]

RE: SG II Paradrop, orbital drop

From: "Bell, Brian K" <Brian_Bell@d...>
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 08:12:46 -0500
Subject: RE: SG II Paradrop, orbital drop

Greetings,
  I do not play SG very often, so please weigh my comments accordingly.
  Getting wounded from an aeral/orbital insertion seemed to most closely
resemble being wounded from a booby trap or mine, in that it was not
caused
by enemy fire (if there is another instance of being wounded from
something
other than enemy fire, I could not find it). Understanding that there is
no
splash effect (i.e. cannot harm another element), I looked at the
mines/booby traps rules. I was, somewhat, suprised to find no supression
for
being in a minefield and haveing a mine go off. Booby traps, also, do
not
cause unit suppression. From this, I cannot see how wounding from a
"drop"
could possibly cause suppression.

-----
Brian Bell