Prev: [OT] NEAR Almost There Next: Re: What is FMA?

Re: SG II - Heavy Gear minis

From: Brian Burger <yh728@v...>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 15:57:43 -0800 (PST)
Subject: Re: SG II - Heavy Gear minis

> If you
> are looking at the "Northern General Purpose Gear Squadron" or
similar, in
> a smallish full-color box, then those are the newer 12mm Gears, and
would
> only work if you play SG2 at 10mm or 15mm scales.

I use 15mm for SG2, and just picked up a box of 5 Northern Gears - the
new, small DP9 ones. They're great for 15mm infantry walkers. They
work out about 28mm tall feet-to-head, so a bit taller than I'd like but
workable as Size 1 inf. walkers.

Only problem is that in the 'General Purpose Northern Gear Squad' box I
have, all 5 have the same weapon, so my GMS/H equipped ones will require
bit of chopping and kitbashing. They'll work nicely into my Mech Inf &
PA
companies.

I've also got one of the big, big older RAFM Gears - a Recon Hunter, I
think it is. These guys are big - probably 40+mm tall - so I run it as a
Size 3 walker usually for 15mm SG2. Nice mini - I gather RAFM had some
quality control problems which lost them the HG line, but they aren't
apparent in my figure.

Some of the BTech minis are usable in SG2 as well, either in 15mm or
25mm.
The newish 'protomechs' might work as 15mm alien PA, and some of the
larger battle-armoured infantry (Clan Elemental type stuff) is just a
hair
too short for regular 15mm humans. (hmmm...wierd Tolkien infection
happening...what sort of forces would the Hobbit Imperium Space Force
field?) Some of the regular BT 'mechs would also work as Inf. Walkers,
as
well.

Brian (yh728@victoria.tc.ca)
-DS2/SG2/FR!/HOTT-
		   - http://warbard.iwarp.com/games.html -
-SciFi & Fantasy Wargaming House Rules, Photos, GWAutobasher, & more-
   -"Just because it's not nice doesn't mean it's not miraculous."-
	 - from Terry Pratchett's 'Interesting Times' -

Prev: [OT] NEAR Almost There Next: Re: What is FMA?