Prev: Re: Rifle types Next: Re: What is FMA? - Shame on you Jon T!

Re: M113 APCs and Things

From: Ryan M Gill <monty@a...>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 14:34:12 -0500 (EST)
Subject: Re: M113 APCs and Things

On Thu, 27 Jan 2000, Michael Sarno wrote:

>     Do you think this warrants giving the gunners on the ACAV any
cover bonuses?

Probably partial if not good hard cover. If you have a proper model,
just
look at where the fire is coming from. If you can draw line of sight and

the gunner isn't pointed that way, have at it.

>     We had a discussion of this on the Charlie Comapny discussion list
> (http://www.egroups.com/group/charlie-company/info.html) a little
while back.  You
> can search the archives for the "beehive rounds" thread.  One of the
list members
> even forwarded a pic of the flechettes used in the beehive rounds.
And I thought
> the beehive round was nasty BEFORE I saw that pic.

I have a US Army Training manual (ST6-50-19) that has a sectional photo
of the whole damn thing, base ejection charge, core flash tube,
flechettes,
and the front detonator charges and the handy tracer element at the
rear. You gotta love the warning in the manual that says "Firing beehive

rounds over the heads of exposed friendly troops is prohibited."

Its odd in that it pushes the flechettes out from the rear towards the
front after splitting the front of the casing apart. It has a steel base

and an aluminum side case.

>     I know I'm going to model the Ontos in one of my SGII games at
some point, so I
> should probably ask now that you mentioned it.  How would you model
the 106mm RR?

Size three, HKPs with limited range? Unless you want to scale them down,

their range is a bit more limited compared to your average 105mm round
as
the RR round spends a great deal of its energey in the equivalent
rearward
energy. Fitting all that on what is a size 2 chassis would be tricky,
butit was all mounted external so its not too hard perhaps...

Oh, don't forget the 4 .50" spotting rifles...

- Ryan Montieth Gill	  NRA / DoD# 0780 (Smug #1) / AMA / SOHC -
- ryan.gill@turner.com	    I speak not for CNN, nor they for me -
- rmgill@mindspring.com 	     www.mindspring.com/~rmgill/ -
- '85 Honda CB700S  -  '72 Honda CB750K  - '76 Chevy MonteCarlo  -

Prev: Re: Rifle types Next: Re: What is FMA? - Shame on you Jon T!