Prev: Re: M113 APC? Next: Re: Leader Loss

Copyright infringement (was Re: Could someone make me decals?)

From: Thomas Pope <tpope@c...>
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 07:51:43 -0500
Subject: Copyright infringement (was Re: Could someone make me decals?)

-MWS- wrote:

> You have obviously not had to deal with this issue, and no I am not
kidding
> you.	The potential statutory fines for willful copyright infringement
are
> up to $100,000 according to Section 501.C.2 of Title 17, and the last
time
> I looked the fact that it's for "personal use only" doesn't exempt one
from
> liability.

Can you clarify that a bit?

For instance, how about the following set of circumstances:

1) I draw Beavis and Butthead on a piece of paper
2) I draw Beavis and Butthead on a computer and print the page
3) I draw Beavis and Butthead and ask a friend of mine to print it
4) I draw Beavis and Butthead and pay Kinkos to print it
5) I draw Beavis and Butthead and pay XYZ decal company to make decals

Where is the line drawn between somebody minding their own business and
lawsuit
potential?

Tom

--
Thomas Pope
Human Computer Interaction Institute

Prev: Re: M113 APC? Next: Re: Leader Loss