Prev: RE: Demoing SG2 (was Re: An apology for the unwashed) Next: [SG2] Impact / Armor roll die shifts?

Re: [SG2] Squad chain-of-command?

From: -MWS- <mshurtleff1@u...>
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 02:44:37 -0800
Subject: Re: [SG2] Squad chain-of-command?

At 09:22 AM 1/26/00 +0000, you wrote:
>>Greetings, folks!
>>
>>Here's a question that isn't clear from the SG2 rulebook.  When you
create
>>a Squad, do you normally designate the [potential] subcommander ahead
of
>>time as a particular model in the unit, or do you roll randomly for a
new
>>unit commander if & when the original one is killed?
>
>Normal practice is to have a designated assistant squad leader from the
>start, but if he is killed too (before or after the SL buys the farm)
then
>a random roll to see who else takes over is reasonable.
>
>Jon (GZG)

OK, but this really begs the question.	Do you penalize the squad for
losing the 2nd Looie if the Commander buys the farm and one of the PFCs
has
to take over?  It would seem reasonable to me that if both commanders
are
down and one of the enlisteds is in command, that the chances of rolling
good leadership levels should be decreased . . .

Mark "Hauptmann" Shurtleff
  email: hauptman@sfcmd.com
  StarFighter Command: http://www.sfcmd.com/

Prev: RE: Demoing SG2 (was Re: An apology for the unwashed) Next: [SG2] Impact / Armor roll die shifts?